Friday, October 31, 2008

#22 Media and Book Downloads

Lets start. Is it just me or is everyone having some problems with the links still coming back "The webpage cannot be found"? Good thing I am resourceful! I found some instructions with a search engine.
I had already tried MyLibraryDV and I had been hearing good things about Tumblebooks but I hadn’t really understood what was being explained to me so I didn't go and check it out. Here was a perfect opportunity to see what the buzz was about and I was not disappointed!! This is fantastic! I cannot believe all of the books they have on there! This is just wonderful to have available. It is so easy to use that I can see my son starting off a story on his own. I love the different reading levels and the ability to play them without the voice. This kind of has a reading rainbow feel with the way they scan the page and the slight animations. I would whole heartedly recommend this to patrons. I think I would show them Tumblebboks while explaining why it is so nice so they can see how truly unintimidating it is! What a great tool to have at our disposal!

No comments: