Thursday, October 30, 2008

#18 Web-based Apps


 

Oh fun!~ I am publishing this from ZOHO Writer!!

    I am a big fan of web based apps and portable apps and you almost have to be to help some of our patrons get some of the things done that they want. Being familiar with quite a few has prevented some upset visits when people find out they cannot download and install an application to our PC.

    I like the diversity that this enables you to have and frankly since it can work with word it is pretty handy to know about if you have a friend who doesn't have word at their house and I know one, it will enable you to work with your word files. Spell check is actually my main use for word type programs but I do like the ability to publish your post from here as well. I love that the layout is familiar to buttons we are already using.

    I don't think I will use this program a lot but I can see myself using it again.

No comments: